Newly redesigned for 2016, the Hyundai Tucson continues to impress with stylish, up-market exterior design, providing a premium look for a less-than-premium price. Strong lines highlight the sheet metal, giving the Tucson a sculpted appearance. The front fascia is dominated by the hexagonal grille, with geometric headlight assemblies blending back into the fenders. Halogen Projector headlamps light the way, with LED headlights and HID Xenon headlights available. Passengers will appreciate the solar control glass that helps to reduce the harmful UV rays from the sun.
Spacious and Comfortable Inside the 2016 Hyundai Tucson
Impressive Interior Volume
The 2016 Hyundai Tucson offers seating for five, and every passenger has plenty of space to work with. This includes over 55 inches of shoulder room throughout the cabin, along with over 39 inches of head room in every seat – the no one will feel cramped on a long trip. Even with this much space, there is still the flexibility that comes with copious cargo room. When the rear seats are in place, there is 31.8 cubic feet, plenty of space for sporting equipment, groceries, and more. Lower the rear seats, and there is room for 61.9 cubic feet of cargo, making the Tucson a handy vehicle for weekend tasks, from hauling mulch to hauling animals.
Providing Impressive Comforts
You’ll always feel at home inside the 2016 Hyundai Tucson, thanks to comfortable cloth seating surfaces with available upgraded cloth or leather. Dual front automatic temperature control keeps everyone from being too hot or too cold, while heated front seats offer an edge in the winter. In the Limited trim, even the rear passengers can have heated seating, while ventilation is available for the front seats.
Every Tucson features a 5-inch color touchscreen audio system, controlling the six-speaker AM/FM/CD/SiriusXM sound system. The system also features a smart phone /USB input jack and an auxiliary input jack, so you can connect with a variety of portable audio players. A Bluetooth hands-free phone systemis also part of every Tucson, to make sure you have both hands on the wheel but can still be in touch.
Other Available Features Include:
- Steering-wheel-mounted audio, Bluetooth, and cruise controls
- Available 8-Speaker premium audio system with external amplifier
- Available Blue Link Telematics System
- Optional 8-inch touchscreen navigation
Excellent Performance Options
Select from two different power options in the 2016 Hyundai Tucson – while the base model is capable, providing a 2.0-liter inline 4-cylinder, the turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder is the star of the show. The 2.0-liter is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC and Active Eco System, while the turbocharged 1.6-liter is matched with a 7-speed EcoShift Dual Clutch Transmission. Both engines are offered with the choice of front- or all-wheel drive.
- Engine Size: 2.0-liter or 1.6-liter turbocharged
- Cylinders: Inline 4
- Horsepower: 164hp @ 6,200 rpm or 175 horsepower @ 5,500 rpm
- Torque: 151 lb.-ft. @ 4,000 rpm or 195 lb.-ft. @ 4,000 rpm
- Front-wheel Drive EPA-Estimated Ratings: 23 city/31 hwy or 25 city/30 hwy
- All-wheel Drive EPA-Estimated Ratings: 21 city/26 hwyor 24 city/28 hwy
Top-of-the-Class Safety Features
Continuing Hyundai’s reputation of providing incredibly safe and reliable vehicles, the 2016 Hyundai Tucson has dominated in crash testing. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has given it five stars for frontal and side impact tests, while the IIHS has given it a Top Safety Pick+ rating, meaning that it is a Top Safety Pick plus it is a top pick for frontal crash prevention. On top of this, safety features include:
- Advanced dual front airbags with Occupant Classification System
- Dual front seat-mounted side-impact airbags
- Front and rear roof-mounted side-curtain airbags
- Electronic Stability Control with Traction Control System
- Anti-lock Braking System with Electronic Brake-force Distribution and Brake Assist
- Standard Rearview camera
- Standard Driver’s blind spot mirror and available Blind Spot Detection with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert and Lane Change Assist
- Standard Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Available Lane Departure Warning with Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection and rear parking sensors.