When you buy a bike insurance plan, you do so with the intention of getting a claim when there is a requirement. However, at times, the claim may get rejected. Why does this happen and how can you stop such a thing from taking place? Let’s find out.
Reasons why bike insurance claims are rejected
Here are the top reasons why your bike insurance claim may be rejected. Take a look and ensure you do not make these mistakes.
- Disaster damages: There are many different kinds of damages that can affect your car. Some of these happen due to disasters, either manmade or natural. You must read your bike insurance policy wordings very closely to see what is covered and what is not. The modern day two wheeler insurance plans usually are quite comprehensive and cover a large area of problems. However, not all types of disasters are covered. For instance, you may not be able to get the claim if your bike is damaged in a nuclear disaster. So go over the policy and see when you can make a claim and when you can’t.
- Incorrect information: If you provide incorrect information while applying for the 2 wheeler insurance plan, you will not be able to successfully get a claim later on. Non-disclosure is a serious issue and needs to be avoided at all costs. To be totally honest when buying the bike insurance policy and also when making the claim. You must be honest about the age of the vehicle, how many previous claims have already been made, etc. Also, if you have been involved in a legal tussle because of any road rage issue, you should inform the insurance provider about it. Be truthful and disclose all the facts and you won’t face too many issues at the time of a car insurance claim.
- Exclusions: There are certain exclusions that come with every bike insurance plan. There are some permanent exclusions and they can be covered with add-on covers. When you get the plan, make sure you read the policy papers and understand the exclusions very well. You will then be able to make the most effective claim and get it processed too. If you make a claim for a component that falls in the exclusion list, the claim will quite obviously be rejected.
- Fraud: If the insurer feels there has been some amount of fraud involved, your 2 wheeler insurance claim will be rejected. Let us assume the accident happened due to drunk driving, or because an underage rider was riding the vehicle. But on the claim form, you don’t mention this or mention something completely different. This is a clear-cut case of fraud. The insurance provider will run an investigation and when they find out the truth, your claim will be instantly rejected without any further consideration.
- Policy lapse: How many times have you heard that you need to renew your bike insurance plan on time? well, everyone must have told you this and there is a good reason for that too. Even if you allow your plan to remain lapsed for one day, and an accident happens on that very day, you won’t be able to make a claim. As we all know, trouble comes suddenly. So stay prepared and renew your plan on time to ensure you never get your claim rejected.
These are some of the reasons why your bike insurance claim may get rejected.
In a nutshell
To put it in a nutshell, you need to be a little disciplined and you won’t have to worry about any two wheeler insurance claim rejection. Be honest, read the policy documents, ride responsibly and also renew the policy on time. once you do these things, you will be in a better position to make an effective claim and get it processed smoothly.